Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Fridge Freezer isn't working properly, first there were

My Fridge Freezer isn't working properly, first there were very loud strange noises coming from it,fridge wasn't working but freezer was ok. Since this afternoon a lot of ice has formed in the freezer and it has a bad smell. I'm worried it may be gas, if it is gas is it poisonous?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Can you post the model number please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I just want to know is the gas poisonous as I will be buying a new one soon

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I just want to know is the gas poisonous I'm not looking to fix the fridge freezer as I will be buying a new one soon

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok no worries that's fine. I just wanted to now which type of gas is in there but to be honest both types are not poisonous. They use either R134a or R600a Now the R600a is butane gas which is flammable so if it has that gas in it then don't smoke or light a flame near it least an hour or so. You can tell if its R600a gas as if you look on the sticker inside the fridge it will say.
But both gasses are not poisonous so don't worry about that, They just don't smell nice as you have found.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.