Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My bosch fridge freezer (3 years old this April)is making a

My bosch fridge freezer (3 years old this April)is making a constant flowing water noise. . I guess it is the cooling agent circulating. It is pretty loud and has been going on non-stop days. What's the solution??
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Can you post the model number please.
Also have you noticed is its starting to loose its cooling from either the fridge or freezer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i don't think it's as cold as it was. i don't know the model number. i can't find it written anywhere.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok no worries.
The noise you can hear is the gas going round the system but not at full pressure. That's why it sounds like following water in there.
Now this is going to be a system fault so its either a blockage in the system or a poor pumping compressor.
fault you will need to get a fridge engineer in as they will need to put there gauges in the pipe work at the back to see what pressure the compressor is pumping at as from there they will see if its a blockage in the system or a poor pumping compressor.
Now if its just a blockage then price wise you are looking at roughly about £140 but if its the compressor then this can be anywhere between £200-300 mark.
Sorry its not looking like good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do you think it could be due to having the heating on full blast and the fridge having to work too hard to cool down?

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

I don't think this will be as if it was what happens is the compressor over heats and stops and this causes problems.
But as you hear like the water dripping this is usually down to the compressor being weak and unable to pump at full pressure or a restriction in the system and both of them are not usually caused to the high room tempertures.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok. What a bummer! Thanks for your help Daniel