Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

Recently had a plumber replace a seized Drayton with a Siemens

Recently had a plumber replace a seized Drayton with a Siemens valve 3 port activator to my heating system .
It is now working, but the hot water is dangerously hot. When looking at the valve, it is set as manual . Should it be set as automatic as it is giving heating and water at the same time when only requiring hot water. It is connected to a Drayton relay unit.I have turned the boiler thermostat down but it is not responding. Could it be the relay as it is quite old ? Brian
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Plumberpro :

, check the hot water cylinder thermostat. He may have played with this during testing and forgot to reset it low. Turn it down . if this is too low up it a bit to finely adjust it . hit water should be at around 62 degrees . above 60 to kill bugs. Below 65 to stop scale forming.please don't forget to rate my answer , thanks