Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Gas cooker specialist
46681511

I have a Worcester heats lave 25/32oil fired boiler . It has

Customer Question

I have a Worcester heats lave 25/32oil fired boiler . It has had a new nozzle and oil pump and the filter was cleaned approx 4weeks ago. The boiler was also serviced then. The guy who looked after the boiler is away weeks and now the boiler has completely sooted up . There is black smoke coming out of the flue. The boiler is only about 5 years old. HELP any ideas
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 2 years ago.
***** ***** : The boiler sooting up will only be down to the nozzle, the fuel and the air mixture.
***** ***** : All of this needs setting up correctly with a combustion analyser
***** ***** : If you normal engineer is away on holiday i suggest you get someone else to set the burner up correctly and desoot the boiler as soon as you can
***** ***** : There is nothing you can do about it until an engineer comes back
JACUSTOMER-nmzoqd30- : Thanks Andrew. We have since discovered that there is lot of unburnt oil in the base of the boiler. Any ideas
***** ***** : That is all down to the porr mixture again
***** ***** : It will take a lot of cleaning, but now you have to be aware that it can light if the boiler gets too hot
***** ***** : Are you able to survive without it until tomorrow and call another engineer?
JACUSTOMER-nmzoqd30- : Thank you I will have to freeze in the cold north east
***** ***** : Perhaps if you run it hours on and 4 hours off then you may get through this without turning into an extra from Frozen?