George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I am installing a smev mini oven and grill in a sprinter conversion,do

Customer Question

I am installing a smev mini oven and grill in a sprinter conversion,do I need to vent oven. Or just a drop vent on floor
Ian breach
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Please supply the model number of the prospective installed appliance

JACUSTOMER-iivrqt6b- :

Model is 555 I think,smev mini oven and grill and 12 volt ignition,latest model,I run a construction company and my father got his own joinery shop,so trades all good and can ticket it,no mention of venting anywhere though

George-Allsorts :

Does it look like this?

Full Size Image

JACUSTOMER-iivrqt6b- :

Yes it does. Just got mod:f021fgt

George-Allsorts :

Thanks .. I shall need to check ... I shall come back to you soon

JACUSTOMER-iivrqt6b- :

Oh,by the way George,got 100mm gap at back,10 mm on each side,,and obviousley nothing underneath as sat on shelf,also got 170 mm from top of appliance to under side of work top,would you cover under side of top with ally ,and is it worth cutting a dometic vent in at shelf level

George-Allsorts :

Ian, I am going to opt out of this question to see if someone else can better answer your questions... I will come back to you tomorrow with some information if I can get more than what I have, and if nobody has responded to you before then.

Ian, I am informed that you do not have to vent the Smev 555 but it is recommended that you do have a sliding window above.

I have been told that although the manufacturers do not produce literature product prior to purchase, you can contact them via the email addresses on this page thedometiccentre.co.uk/magento/dometic/gb/contacts