George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Daniel washer wont fully drain start button possibly

Daniel washer wont fully drain start button possibly jamming could this be the problem? Paul

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Have you tried emptying the filter?

Customer:

is it safe to empty filter with water still inside the drum? Paul

George-Allsorts :

No Paul... Drag the washer out.. Place the drain hose close to the floor into a bucket and the water should drain... once empty, or close to empty, lean the washer back against a support and open up the filter housing... check and also of the impellor

Customer:

George Thanks . It's too late now so I'll try in the morning. Thanks reply.

George-Allsorts :

OK Paul, I will be around tomorrow but it may take a little while to come back to you... I'll try not to be too long

Customer:

George, I've done what you suggested and the filter was nice and clean.

Customer:

George, Sorry sent the last reply too soon in error. When I rotated the drum there was a grating sound which didn't sound too healthy. Irang my landlord this morning and his 1st question was "have you tried the filter" .......... I told him I had of course! He's going to Curry's tomorrow to buy a replacement - can't argue with that. Thanks help. Regards Paul