Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

i have installed my american fridge freezer DAEWOO FRAQ19DCB

Customer Question

Hi i have installed my american fridge freezer DAEWOO FRAQ19DCB but the ice cube maker don't seem to be working. There is not even any water going in to the ice cube tray but there is water going to the water one. Hope someone can help thanks
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Is this a new fridge freezer or one out of warranty?

JACUSTOMER-acpgc1hr- :

brand new just bought

Dales-Electronic :

OK firstly the water is supplied down two different routes for the ice maker and the chilled water, you need to check if there is a button on the front of the icemaker that puts it through a test sequence, if so press it and see if it fills with water, you may have to do this a few times to get the air out of the water supply pipe ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-acpgc1hr- :

yes excellent it worked

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

now the The issue is when i press test button ice drops , howver, ice doenst drop automatically . i have checked that the water pressure is ok and there is an ice in the ice tray but doesnt drop unless i press test button

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
didnt reply

Did you check the cables to the ice maker assembly as suggested or did you replace the whole ice-maker assy ??