George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Samsung 7.0kg J14535 Washing Machine. It stops mid-cycle,

Customer Question

I have a Samsung 7.0kg J14535 Washing Machine. It stops mid-cycle, and gives the error code 3e. I've been told this is a "motor taco fault" - is that the case, and/or is there a replacement part I can get to fix it?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

If the code is actually 3E then yes the problem is the motor tachometer .. The motor retails at around £120.. There is no listing Tachometer

You could check the wiring... The tachometer has two wires coming from it and it is situated at the rear of the motor behind a metal plate on this motor

George-Allsorts :

Please remember to rate my assitance

George-Allsorts :

Please let me know if you require the part number motor

JACUSTOMER-phuk6xsr- :

Thanks help. Checked motor/tacho and wiring looks ok. Machine is old. Tried cycle again, and it just stopped with no error code. Don't think worth buying motor, so plan to scrap it.

JACUSTOMER-phuk6xsr- :

Got another question on a BEKO WMA 1512 S washing mac

George-Allsorts :

If you are planning to scrap it then try Findmyrecycler as they will try refurbish rather than scrap