Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a recirculating Caple cooker hood ref F3990, 11 yrs

Customer Question

I have a recirculating Caple cooker hood ref F3990, 11 yrs old. I need a proper replacement carbon filter I believe ref CAP9CF. Are these carbon filters still available - can't locate one and struggle with paper and string? I know the aluminium mesh filters are still around.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Dales-Electronic :

~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Are these the circular ones that go on the end of the blower motor 260mm diameter by 33mm deep?

JACUSTOMER-w7ljtnrz- :

Ian, no - rectangular, 7 x 3 squares, clip on to back of aluminium grease filter, maybe reference is CAP52CF or CAP9CF. Builder left wrong manual. Carbon filter clips on to back of aluminium mesh grease filter which then clips into cooker hood

JACUSTOMER-w7ljtnrz- :

Picture maybe coming in 3 mins

JACUSTOMER-w7ljtnrz- :

This system won't take a picture off my pc, sorry

JACUSTOMER-w7ljtnrz- :

caple cooker hood filter
Full Size Image

JACUSTOMER-w7ljtnrz- :

yes it did!

JACUSTOMER-w7ljtnrz- :

7 x 4 - sorry

Dales-Electronic :

OK I cant find one listed model but you can get sheets of carbon filter that you can cut down using scissors to the correct size, would that be any good ?

JACUSTOMER-w7ljtnrz- :

Thanks, ***** ***** what I've been doing year or two! Have to try and tie the sheets down with string otherwise tend to get liftoff into fan area....a setup which also makes it hard to clean the mesh filter......just something I want to tidy up if poss as selling house! Anything else you think I can try. I accept your answer as reasonable

Dales-Electronic :

Can you leave it with me until tomorrow, I have a contact in Caple that will know if they have replacements. From the diagrams it seems that circular filters can be fitted to the motor ends but just need to check ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-w7ljtnrz- :

Thank you Ian, that would be great, to confirm the ref on the cooker hood is F3990, had a squint at the motor end, certainly circular and looks like something might fit on. Hear from you tomorrow, one way or the other. Thanks again

JACUSTOMER-w7ljtnrz- :

Ian, any joy getting info or a ref no filter that might fit?

JACUSTOMER-w7ljtnrz- :

Ian, just had an email asking me rating! I've not used this service before so not dead clear how it works apart from the fact that a rating will be needed to get credit.You asked me to leave it with you until today, so I have! I am sure you would not wish me to rate the service on what at the moment is a still an open matter at your request! Hope to hear from you. David

JACUSTOMER-w7ljtnrz- :

Dales-Electronic says:

1/25/15 11:02 PM

JACUSTOMER-w7ljtnrz- :

I am receiving repeated requests to rate the service. I do not now if these are from a real person or are generated automatically. These requests include an invitation to continue the conversation.

JACUSTOMER-w7ljtnrz- :

I am receiving repeated requests to rate the service. I do not now if these are from a real person or are generated automatically. These requests include an invitation to continue the conversation. I have been trying to do this but there is no answer. The expert said on 25/1/2015

JACUSTOMER-w7ljtnrz- :

I am receiving repeated requests to rate the service. I do not know if these are from a real person or are generated automatically. These requests include an invitation to continue the conversation which I have attempted to do but have had no response. On 25/1/2015 I was told

Dales-Electronic says:

1/25/15 11:02 PM

Can you leave it with me until tomorrow, I have a contact in Caple that will know if they have replacements. From the diagrams it seems that circular filters can be fitted to the motor ends but just need to check ~ Ian. Until I receive the outcome of this promise given by the expert I cannot rate the service other than "POOR" and I am reluctant to do this, but will be obliged to do this unless I have a response by this time tomorrow

Dales-Electronic :

Sorry you are getting harassed ~ nothing to do with me at this time. I spoke to Caple yesterday and they advised that they no longer supply carbon filters extractor ~ subsequent to this I have forwarded part number enquires to a couple of spare part supplier to see if they can supply generic ones. Once I have a response back I will contact You. disregard all rating requests, I will ask directly once we have reached the end of the line. ~ Ian