George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Hotpoint ultima bought in May, so brand new! It's

I have a Hotpoint ultima bought in May, so brand new! It's coming up with a code that says F 01. I've tried rerunning it and the pump out option. None of which are working. Can you help?
Charlotte Usher
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Charlotte, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

George-Allsorts :

Is the appliance still full of water then?

Customer: Yes
George-Allsorts :

Let me just have a quick look at the facial panel... this will just take a few moments

George-Allsorts :

Can you give me the model number please

Customer: 07703 123204
George-Allsorts :

What number is *****?

George-Allsorts :

The model number should be on the facial panel of your appliance

Customer: Sorry that's my mobile! Wmud962
George-Allsorts :

One moment please

George-Allsorts :

OK.. F01 on that appliance relates to a failure of the motor triac... Since the appliance was only bought in may, you need to call the warranty company and have them replace the main-board

George-Allsorts :

Meanwhile, to get the water out of the drum... Turn the power to the appliance off, unplug the drain hose from its drain, and place the hose close to the floor and into a bucket

George-Allsorts :

Do you require any further assistance with this problem Charlotte?

George-Allsorts :

Charlotte, do not open the washer in any way as this will invalidate the warranty you have

Customer: again the. Code has come up with F 05 does that change anything?
George-Allsorts :

Yes it does... was this before or after draining the tub?

George-Allsorts :

Drain and do the rinse as requested.. once done, leave a message here and I'll come back to you later today

George-Allsorts :

Charlotte..Thanks text regarding the repair... Can I ask that you leave a respective rating by clicking on the smiley faces that you can see