Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a new dishwasher door gasket a black rubber thing, how

I have a new dishwasher door gasket a black rubber thing, how do I go about fixing it in place ?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Michael :

may I have the full model # ***** make of your dishwasher?

Michael :

I havent seen a response from you on here so I will switch us to Q & A is works better;-)

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry had to go out ! The model is a LAVAMAT 12843 VIT does this help ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Am still waiting re the way to replace the gasket at the bottom of the dishwasher drawer, does it slide in or do I have tounscrew anything ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Am still waiting re the way to replace the gasket at the bottom of the dishwasher drawer, does it slide in or do I have to unscrew anything ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still no answer to my problem and you want another £7 )) !!

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Mary Ann, they only charge you one time;-)
The information you sent is perfect.
Is it the door gasket you need to replace?
Thank you patience.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I have the new gasket, but do not know how to fix it into place.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Mary Ann,
on this one you can simply pull the old gasket out and replace it with the new one. But you need some gasket adhesive new one.
To be honest, this is best done by an experienced appliance Tech because they tend to want to leak if your not sure of the exact placement. They stretch a bit. But if you are going to do this make sure you clean the gasket groove very well of any debris after removing the old one. Then apply the adhesive then the gasket.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day Mary Ann.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you honest response. Um maybe not a good idea to tackle it on my own. What adhesive would I need to use ? Sorry not to have come back earlier but have been on the mainland all day (live on an island)

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
s