Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Electrolux inspire haven't got the model number The fridge

Electrolux inspire haven't got the model number
The fridge isn't working I pressed the button in the freezer and it went in I can hear a hum but still not working
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

The model number is ***** on a sicker inside the fridge section behind the salad box. Can you see it there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ENB35400x
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok as this is a frost free appliance the fridge section gets its cooling from the freezer section.
When you pressed the button in the freezer in did you hear the fan run?
If not and all you heard was a humming noise then its either a faulty fan motor in the freezer or ice blocking it.
What you can try is fully defrost the appliance. Turn it off and leave the freezer door open hours as this will allow the ice to melt.
Then see how it goes from there.
Or you need to empty the freezer and remove the back panel. Then remove the front vent and then you can drop the evaporator down and then from there use a hairdryer and melt the ice in there.
With this off check the fan, turn it by hand and make sure its free. If its stiff to turn then the motor is faulty and will need to be replaced. Also when the motors fail you can get yellow staining running down the back panel so look as well as that's a sing the fan motor has failed.
Now taking the evaporator unit down isn't the easyist thing to do if its iced up as this restricts the movement of the pipes. That's why I usually recommend the defrost hours as this saves the possibility of breaking the evaporator pipe work in there.
So try that and see what you find. As if the defrost doesn't cure it then the fan motor will be the fault and will need to be replaced.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.