Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

there,Please can you help with a problem with Dimplex

Customer Question

Hi there,
Please can you help with a problem with Dimplex Danville Optomist Fire.
Problem: No smoke visible.
Model: DNV20CH. Series B. Sno.(###) ###-####
Have cleaned sump and air filter. Have tried replacing Transducer. All lamps are working.
When I have the fire on, I have carefully removed water container and top of sump (whilst protecting lamps). The Transducer is producing lots of water splashes. There is smoke underneath sum lid -but that's where it stays.
Any ideas?
Phil Halsall
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Phil, this is usually a circulation issue. check for clogs and see if the air flow is working for the smoke. Its kind of difficult for many to see the area but thats really all there is to it with this model as long as your sure there is smoke inside the sump;-)
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day Phil.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Michael,
Many thanks for your reply.
Yes I am sure that there is smoke inside the sump. I can see it clearly.
I have tried sliding the fire out of the fireplace - but still no rising smoke.
Is there any way of proving this is a circulation issue? Maybe I could try blowing air into the bottom with a hair dryer? Does the fire need to be in position in order for the chimney flu to take effect?
Phil
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Phil. you can do that but really its the fan that moves the air that needs to be replaced, or you could devise a fan motor if you are handy enough ;-)
I will help you either way you want to go.
Please rate kindly at this time and I will stick with you.
Thanks Phil.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Michael, I have replied to your suggestion regarding the fan. Somehow I have triggered another £20 fee. Can you cancel the second one for me please as it is still the original issue ongoing.
Phil
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I will talk with customer care about that so they can straighten that out for you;-)
Have a great weekend!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Michael.
Many thanks for helping me with Customer Service. They have cancelled the second payment.
I haven't been able to see your response about the circulation fan.
Did you receive the info?
Phil
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Phil,
I will have that for you tomorrow morning when I contact them about this problem. But you should make sure thats the issue by disassembling the unit a bit to be sure its not jammed up.
I will be here most of the day tomorrow;-)
Have a nice Sunday Phil;-)
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
d
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Michael,
With all the confusion I caused triggering the second payment, I am not sure you got my latest communication from Sunday......
Have followed your lead regarding the air circulation. Have located a small
DC fan underneath where Transducer plugs in. It is NOT working so I have ordered a new one. Will let you know when problem is resolved. Thanks again for your help.
Phil
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
hi your more than welcome. that is likely the problem. If you have a meter you could be sure there is power getting to the motor;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I will check the voltage to motor/fan. Good idea Michael.
Can't see a way to rate your latest response with a smiley face but service is still excellent.
Phil
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Phil,
Thank you for the remarks about my service, I strive to make my customers happy and satisfied at all times.
Have a great weekend and I will be here any time you need me;-)
Tech Michael