KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

My bosch dishwasher wont start. It lights up as normal,

My bosch dishwasher wont start. It lights up as normal, the pump is not blocked, it just wont start
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
KevinWhiteJA :

, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Please tell me its complete model number

KevinWhiteJA :

and the age of this appliance ?

Customer:

Customer:

, I don't know age. It is a Bosch Exxcel Auto option

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, the model number is ***** on or inside the door

KevinWhiteJA :

starts with E nr

Customer:

sorry, got it now SGS43A12GB/27

KevinWhiteJA :

no problem... thanks

KevinWhiteJA :

are you sure the door is closing properly ?

Customer:

pretty sure as the lights and the minute counter come on although it says zero as if it has just finished cycle

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, with the dishwasher unplugged pull it out and then lay it on its back by around 45 degrees...let me know if water comes out

KevinWhiteJA :

after this is done plug it back and check if the problem is still there

Customer:

that could be a bit problematic because of the way it is 'built in' to a bespoke kitchen

Customer:

I will try and then get back to you

KevinWhiteJA :

OK... please let me know how it goes

Customer:

Looking at how it is built in I am envisioning having to dismantle the kitchen to get it out. We have just had the units repainted.

Customer:

Are there any other options? I have read about the tilting option to reset a float valve, is that what you are referring to?

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes, that is right

KevinWhiteJA :

however, I believe it is the door lock that is bad and will need replacement

KevinWhiteJA :

in simple terms...if the control won't receive a signal from interlock mechanism that the door is closed, it wont start

KevinWhiteJA :

and so it wont even fill

KevinWhiteJA :

as it lights up as normal I believe the control is fine

Customer:

ok.. when the door 'handle' is depressed the lights go out, ready to open th edoor. does that indicate that the lock is receiving th signal?/

KevinWhiteJA :

a new one is available here ... you can check this Video, this will give you an idea on how to replace the part

KevinWhiteJA :

no...may be you can unplug the appliance and then remove the door lock mechanism and clean the contacts

KevinWhiteJA :

then place it back and try to run a cycle again

Customer:

ok thanks Kevin I'll try that tomorrow.

Customer:

if that doesn't work order a new lock mech then?

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes correct

KevinWhiteJA :

You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance..please use the REPLY link assistance....Thanks

Customer:

better get to bed busy day tomorrow!

KevinWhiteJA :

Have a good night

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service ...Good night

Customer:

Kevin

Customer:

Sorted it! You won't believe this. Looks like a mouse has climbed in to behind the door cover to get the insulation wadding and chewed through three wires!!!!

Customer:

I've spiced the wires together and it appears to be working fine. Ive put some mouse poison underneath as well!!

KevinWhiteJA :

, glad it worked

Customer:

I've broken the fixings on the top panel (the panel with the buttons in) so have had to gaffer tape it up. Can you send me a link to buy a replacement panel please.

Customer:

Also there are two white/translucent plastic pieces about 5cm x 5cm flat on the back with a curved corner and 'teeth' like protrusions that appear to have come out of each bottom corner of the door/body and I can't find where they fit back? Any ideas?

KevinWhiteJA :

You can buy the parts from here