Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have just been putting stuff in my zanussi freezone chest

Hi I have just been putting stuff in my zanussi freezone chest freezer & shut the lid, now I can't get it back open! It feels like it is locked but there is no lock. Please help - how do I get it open again?!?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
I don't suppose you have the model number please.
Also try this and see if you can open it. Get a flat butter knife and insert it in between the door seal and the cabinet were it touches and make a gap in the seal and see if you can open the door then.
Let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't have the model number - it is printed inside the lid.... Just tried with palette knife, slides in so far but still doesn't open it

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
If you look on the back of the freezer the model number will be on a sticker there.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've attached a picture of the only sticker I can see anywhere on it

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok that's fine. With the gas that's in there on that sticker its looking like an older model so the details will be inside.
If breaking the gap on the seal hasn't allowed it to open then its not a vacuume keeping it closed and as there isn't a lock on it then it wont be that.
All this can be is faulty hinges in afraid as that's all that holds the lid on.
What you can try to get in there is remove the plastic covers on the back over the hinges.
Then you can access the screws on the hinge and remove them.
Then you will be able to remove the lid from there.
Once off you will need to replace the hinges and that will get it back working again from there.
As there is nothing else in there at all that holds the lid down if you model doesn't have a lock. So it will only be faulty hinges on this so undoing them from the back will allow you to remove the lid from there.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** works :)

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Your very welcome.
That will do the trick and get the lid off for you from there.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Jus wondering if you need anymore info on this as the question is still open.