George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a problem with my Bosch dishwasher E-nr SGS43T82GB/37.

Customer Question

Pump keeps running with door open and no water gets into dishwasher.
I have pressed reset button.
I have checked that hoses are not kinked and water supply is OK.
I have tilted machine backwards and forwards, and some water has come out.
I have removed side panels to reset lever and microswitch in driptray but cannot locate them. Please give details of where to find those on this particular model.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

OK, the signs are indicative of the fact that you have a leak into the base; so you are going to need to find the source of that leak/water ingress.

Pressing the reset will have no effect as this is a safety feature of the appliance and it overrides all other function except the power button.

George-Allsorts :

You will need to remove all water from the base and then the appliance should work again...

The microswitch and float are in the center of the base... you will notice it by the large polystyrene float at the base of a rod

George-Allsorts :

Here is a picture of the makeup of it... It is only to help you identify it.. it doesn't look like this when put together

Full Size Image

JACUSTOMER-cjp5uamr- :

All water is removed from the dishwasher but that still didn't fix the problem. I have removed the steel drip tray and located the polystyrene float. It is not stuck and goes up and down freely. I could not see a microswitch, as it must be located further up the float rod, ie in the centre of the machine. Symptoms are still the same.

George-Allsorts :

If you are careful, you can turn the appliance on its back and remove the panel on the underneath to access the float..

Locate and test the microswitch with a multimeter

George-Allsorts :

If the pump continues to run thereafter, check the heater leaks, else then there is a problem with the control module

George-Allsorts :

How did you get on ... Do you need further assistance?