Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have an indesit hob (Model No VRA 640 C) and have had it

Customer Question

I have an indesit hob (Model No VRA 640 C) and have had it replaced by an electrician. I wish to re-install the old hob in another part of the building but the eelectrician removed the factory fitted cable to use on the new hob, I wish to know what cable to fit and which terminals to use on the junction box in the hob. I have a normal domestic electrical supply at 230-240v. can you help with this please?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

can you take a picture of the junction box on the back of the hob so I can see which one it is ~ thanks

JACUSTOMER-t6j66g07- :

Ian,

JACUSTOMER-t6j66g07- :

I have attached pictures of the junction box as requested. There is a spare shunt in the lid of the box if required. A wiring diagram and type of cable needed would be just the ticket please!

Full Size Image
Full Size Image

Dales-Electronic :

OK if you send me an email address but put (at) as opposed to @ in your address I will send you the installation instructions ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-t6j66g07- :

Ian,

Dales-Electronic :

Good morning I am here, did you get my last about an email address, If this is unavailable I can talk you through the connection on here ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-t6j66g07- :

My best E Mail Address is : peterdarnbroughatyahoo.co.uk

JACUSTOMER-t6j66g07- :

Can you also let me know which specification of cable to use please

Dales-Electronic :

OK I will send the installation guide across in a moment - you will have to pick out the English section and work from there be a couple of minutes, in the meantime could you rate my service by selecting one of the smiley faces below, this allows me to shut down the job on the system whilst giving you further questions on a free of charge basis - many thanks ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-t6j66g07- :

I have already downloaded the Indesit user manual and that does not give the wiring guide junction box itself as this is already fitted in the factory. it is that element that I need.

Dales-Electronic :

It is all listed on English pages and covers the wiring to the connector block ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-t6j66g07- :

nothing through just yet

Dales-Electronic :

You should have it by now pages 27 & 28 refer

JACUSTOMER-t6j66g07- :

Great!

JACUSTOMER-t6j66g07- :

I have received the E Mail and it does not cover the wiring of the block domestic supply. The diagram relates to 3 phase installations!

JACUSTOMER-t6j66g07- :

I had already downloaded this guide from the Indesit site 3 days ago. Can you answer this question or should I try another route

JACUSTOMER-t6j66g07- :

any advice?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I already have the installation manual you sent through. It does not show the wiring in the box as fitted in the factory ( 240v supply). That is the whole point! I am looking answer to what type of cable to use and what is the correct wiring in the box in the hob.

Just sending the Indesit manual is no use : I had already done it.

Can you get an answer or should I go somewhere else please?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I want the wiring diagram as per factory fit : not how to modify phase!

That is not modifying its supplied standard phase ~ however all you have to do is link the three phase wires together (two links) and connect the live wire to these linked wires and the neutral wiring has 1 link as shown in your photo, earth in remaining connector and you are good to go. ~ Do you understand or need further information?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There are six terminals. What type of cable do I need and which connections need to be put in please? The simpler the better !

OK look at the diagram in the installation guide I sent you page 27. Look at the three connectors at the top marked phase these need to be connected together to use your world shunted. This is your live side. You can connect your live supply to any of the terminals but make sure that all connectors are tight. Once again the neutral is just a two terminal shunt. Neutral cable can be connected to any of the two terminals but again check that all are tight. Finally you will have one terminal left which is the earth. If you don't have a jumper link you can use a piece of 2.5mm single wire bare cable and make one. I would use 4mm cable and connect it to a spur with a switch 30/32amp to control it if you can. ~ Ian