Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Bosch HBM13B261B. When I set the timer on the oven

Customer Question

I have a Bosch HBM13B261B.
When I set the timer on the oven and the oven goes into 'Standby" the fan continues to operate.
Is this correct ? It seems quite energy inefficient to have the fan spinning all day before the timer switches the oven on
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
I am Tech Michael, I am sorry to hear that.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and I want to guide you the best way possible to save you money and time;-)
Please remember these are technical issues and may require some back and forth conversation to sort this out.
How old is your oven?
I can tell you that its not normal fan to start while in standby though.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've had this oven a Year

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Lee,
this is an electronic issue with tin the clock timer unit. If the unit is just under 1 full year this part and the repair will be covered. But if not the clock unfortunately will need to be replaced in order to fix this.
You could live with this problem as it is unlikely to cause any additional issues just the fan running.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day Lee.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I called Bosch to arrange for the oven to be serviced and repaired and was told that yes there is secondary fan that runs whilst the oven is in timer standby mode. Apparently it is to keep the electronics from overheating although why a countdown timer would generate heat is beyond me