George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Bosch SGS4332 dishwasher. I have water in the base. I have

Customer Question

Bosch SGS4332 dishwasher. I have water in the base. I have tried a plunger without success. What next?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

You will need to remove both sides of the appliance and discharge all water that has leaked.. you then need to find and solve the leak.

You can not use the appliance again until this is done

JACUSTOMER-42ib8dvg- :

The sides do not appear to be separately removeable. It appears to be one unit. However the front has two screws which presumably are the casing.

George-Allsorts :

To remove the sides you need to take off the lid, open the door, remove the screws from both front edges, remove the screws from the top and then lift and fold away from the appliance..

Please take photos of the steps you take to remind you of how to reverse your actions when putting the appliance back together

JACUSTOMER-42ib8dvg- :

Thanks very much George. At 91 I think that is a little beyond me, so I will get an repairer. One final question. Why cannot I use the appliance?. I could have been using it without noticing it as the water is clear and not dirty.

George-Allsorts :

There is a flood protection float in the base of the appliance... when the water ingress reached this device a float tripped a switch to shut off all systems except pump out and on/off abilities

JACUSTOMER-42ib8dvg- :

Thanks again

George-Allsorts :

You are veryome