Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Bosch PIA...... Hob What is the reason of being unable to

Bosch PIA...B... Hob What is the reason of being unable to install the induction hob above a bosch washing machine
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

An induction hob works by magnetic plates so as a washing machine is a big metal box so to speak it interferes with the magnetic coils in there and causes problems. That's what most manufactures tell us not to install above anything that is metal like a washer, dryer and dishwasher.
Plus if you have a normal height work top in a kitchen then you will struggle between the washer and the work top.
But as a rule that's why they say not to install above washers due to the magnetic coils on there.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Daniel, Thanks but instructions show that such a hob can be installed above a bosch oven, then there is the addition of the wooden shelf above a dishwasher .Would this be suitable to install above the washer given there is sufficent space

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

If there is an addition wooden shelf between them then I think that will be fine.
And yes you are correct they can be installed above an oven but usually the top of the oven will be lower then the washer would be. But if you have another wooden shelf under there and theres the ventilation then I cannot see why that wont be a problem to be honest.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks this satisfies my own thoughts on the matter. it is great to get confirmation Pete

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Make sure there will be another shelf as well with putting above washers is you need to watch out as well from the washers and dishwashers so with the extra shelf that will do the trick.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks Will reconsider use of this appliance as we have a very small kitchen and moving all other appliances already fitted is not an option