George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

my stove oven will not get to temperature and keeps cutting

my stove oven will not get to temperature and keeps cutting out and relighting every 20 to 30 seconds or so any ideas?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Can you give me the make & model of the appliance please

Customer:

its a stoves model single gas oven with electric grill approx 10 years old think its something like a 600 SGR don't have the exact model number to hand.

George-Allsorts :

And can I get you to describe the problem in full please

Customer:

When the oven is lit it stays on /30 seconds then cuts out and tries to relit itself then continually does this every 20/30 secs

George-Allsorts :

Once lit, the oven will have a small flame short while... does the short flame progress to a larger flame at all?

Customer:

yes briefly then goes out and tries to relit

Customer:

we have two of the exact same ovens side by side so i'm assuming its not a gas flow froblem

Customer:

problem

George-Allsorts :

Do you have the actual model number... 600 SGR is a model number but there will be a series of numbers next to that which are part of the model number. it is usually a series of 8 numbers starting with a 4 or a 5

George-Allsorts :

I just want to check the parts list of your appliance

George-Allsorts :

Generally, what you have described is indicative of an FSD problem