Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My indesit dbiaa344f frost free fridge freezer is 10 months

My indesit dbiaa344f frost free fridge freezer is 10 months old is making quite a loud noise seems to be when motor starts up
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Is the appliance still cooling ok?
If you open the fridge door do you hear the noise stopping?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The sound is like a fan running and someone puts a piece of plastic in it the system all seems to be running alright otherwise the sound is only when it is running not all the time thank you
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok the noise will be ice around the fan inside the freezer. Ive seen this fault loads of times.
What you need to do is empty the freezer and remove the back panel in there.
Disconnect the wiring of the fan motor from behind the white plastic cover.
Then you need to remove the fan motor from the panel and melt all the ice in there.
Then refit it and that will sort it out. But if you don't want to go removing panels then you need to turn it off hours and leave the freezer door open and this will allow the ice in there.
But you need to sort this out soon as what will happen is the ice builds up too much it stops the fan from running. So the noise stops but the fridge will then go warm as the fan isn't running anymore.
Do the above and that will cure the fault and stop the noise and stop the fridge from failing as it will soon if you leave it.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.