Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a ***** ***** fridge freezer which is made byElectrolux.

I have a ***** ***** fridge freezer which is made byElectrolux. It is 13 months old and has developed an intermittent fault with the freezer operating at @ - 10c few days at a time, twice since Christmas. Fridge is cold but perhaps not as cold as it should be. ***** ***** contract repair service has now been out twice , as you would expect on both occasions the freezer is -18C and has worked perfectly.
The fridge is sited in the kitchen but below a small window with a central heating ventilator grill fitted central heating boiler. The repair man today suggested that the cold air falling down the back of the machine might be causing the problem. However as it is intermittent and its winter I am not buying this. My previous Bosch fridge freezer worked happily in the same position years. Your help appreciated.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
I am Tech Michael I am sorry you are having this intermittent issue.
This sounds to me like BS from the tech who came out.
The problem is more than likely a bad main control board at the back of the fridge/freezer.
If it runs fine while then seems to not chill as it should it could be the electronic vent between the fridge and the freezer but usually I find the board to be at fault with a bad connection inside one of the control relays.
The board is easy to replace and I can help you if you need me further also I can let you know the best place to obtain that part but it isn't cheap.
In any case I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am slightly at a loss on how to go forward . It is a ***** ***** branded FF and under a 3 year warranty.

I think I may have to monitor the problem to prove the point that there is a problem .. I have access to commercial thermometers in my job so will try to borrow one couple of weeks. Have you any other thoughts.

Is this a common Electrolux problem?

Many thanks Sandra

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Sandra, its not a common problem but it is one that should be monitored. Its great that you are still covered under the warranty.
They will need to replace the board to fix this though.
Make sure they do that before the warranty expires, also with this issue the problem will get worse over time.
Please rate kindly at his time and I will stick with you all the way;-)
Have a great day Sandra.
Tech Michael