Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My AEG washer dryer gets into the first part of the cycle and

Customer Question

My AEG washer dryer gets into the first part of the cycle and then stops with the display blank. A reset gives me back the diplay but does not allow me to continue the program.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

, welcome to Just answer

Customer:

Please tell me its complete model number

Customer:

and how old is it ?

JACUSTOMER-rg3d30kp- :

AEG Washer Dryer L 75480WD and it is less than a year old but inherited without paperwork.

Customer:

OK and have you already tried to clean the drain pump filter located inside the bottom front of the washer

JACUSTOMER-rg3d30kp- :

Drain pump filter is clean

Customer:

OK, after how many does it stop ? and have you tried another socket ?

JACUSTOMER-rg3d30kp- :

It stops once and the socket is fine I am an electrician.

JACUSTOMER-rg3d30kp- :

Mate I have been through the manual

Customer:

OK, as it is under a year old it is still under warranty...if you open up it will void off the warranty...still if you want to check, then with the washer unplugged...open check the connections to the control and also if you can test the heating element located at the back

Customer:

as it works minutes and then stops I believe it is the heating element that is bad

JACUSTOMER-rg3d30kp- :

Warranty is void as it is second hand so the warranty is void anyway. There is a code open cct heater and that doesn't come up.

Customer:

OK, as it wont display the code that is the reason I want you to check both element and the control

Customer:

You can try this and let me know if any error code is displayed: Turn the knob to off and then press & hold the button 1 on each row while holding these buttons turn the knob 1 position clockwise...when the leds start flashing let go off the buttons and then turn the knob another 9 positions clockwise.

JACUSTOMER-rg3d30kp- :

None of this makes much sense.

Customer:

Have you already tried ?

JACUSTOMER-rg3d30kp- :

I called the service centre. Understandably they say I have no hope of getting close to a diagnosis this way.

Customer:

Unfortunately that is the way to check a error code...if you do want to do it then test the heater ...if it shows open circuity then replace it... Thank you