Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My Beko condenser drier model DPU 8360W is no longer heating

My Beko condenser drier model DPU 8360W is no longer heating up. What is the problem and what spare should I buy?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
KevinWhiteJA :

, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

Customer:

Three years old

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, the problem is with the heater assembly that is bad and will need replacement

Customer:

Have you got a part number? How do I access the heater assembly?

KevinWhiteJA :

a new one will cost around £40

Customer:

This is a condenser drier where is the heating element situated? Do you have a part number

KevinWhiteJA :

sure can you please tell me its serial number as well

Customer:

serial number is *****

KevinWhiteJA :

Thanks ...just take the cover off from the back , there you will see the heater assembly with two thermostats...check if the bottom thermostat has a red button which you can press to see if it resets ... if not you can replace the heater assembly

Customer:

Are you sure you are giving me the correct information model? I have already removed the back panel and the only thing visible is a level switch. I have watch the e-spares video on how to replace the heater element and you seem to be quoting this! It is not relevant model hence me contacting an expert.

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes, I am...have you checked thermostats as well on the back ?

KevinWhiteJA :

If you think I am not helping out here then I will opt out and open to all so that someone else might be able to help you

Customer:

I have checked thermostats but cannot see them

KevinWhiteJA :

I think yes you are right so I will opt out of this and open to all again...someone else will help you ...sorry and thanks

Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting to you queries
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok I will wait to hear from you

~ I am sorry to advise that this is a heat pump dryer, that is it uses a reverse refrigeration system to generate both the heat to evaporate the water in your clothes and the cooling side to condense this evaporated water into liquid to pump into the condesate tank. This is not a diy job and in most modern HP dryers the complete condenser system is changed as a complete unit.. You have basically two options, either go back to the manufacturer and get a service call or scrap the appliance and buy a new one. Either direction is not very palatable. Could you now rate my information to you below using the smiley faces ~ I am sorry to be the purveyor of bad news but unfortunately this time JA is unable to help resolve your problem ~ Ian

Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.