Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an Indesit IDL40 dishwasher about 6 years old. It has

I have an Indesit IDL40 dishwasher about 6 years old.
It has just started to jump to the pre wash indicator from the wash indicator.
It never used to do that and just go straight to wash.
Please can you help.
Donald
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

When you say it keeps jumping to the prewash is it the prewash light is flashing?
If so then is it only that light that's flashing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, sorry meant to say it is the only light flashing.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok its actually flashing an error code as its picked up a fault that's why its doing this.
So as you have the prewash light flashing this is the error code water leak in the base.
What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and tip it 45 degs backwards as this will allow the water to drain out from the bottom so you may need a towel part.
Once the water is out the flood switch will reset itself and stop the light from flashing and will allow you to start a new cycle.
So see how it goes from there. Fingers crossed it may be fine now but if it happens again then theres a water leak in there which you need to find and fix to cure it.
Try that and see how it goes. If you need anymore info just get back to me.
But from the fault you describe its the flood switch in the base that's been actiavated on this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Daniel

It appears to be Fixed, just put a load on and it went to wash and started working. Water came out when tilted. Why would this happen is it a clog up as we do put cleaners through it regularly. Thank you very much help, you saved us a few pounds.

Donald

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
With dishwasher you can get a slight overfill which causes the water to spill over and leak into the base and causes this fault.
So fingers crossed its just that but if it does happen again on you next cycle then theres something under there that's leaking. To check that you will need to remove both side panels and look hoses under there.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok, thank you answer will keep an eye on it and if it does will have a look below.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Your very welcome.
If you haven't already if you could rate the answer I gave that would be great.
You can still get back to me on this even after rating that's not a problem.