KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

washer dryer WD860P .NOT DRYING. PROGRAM SELECTION ALL OK.

washer dryer WD860P .NOT DRYING. PROGRAM SELECTION ALL OK. PROGRAM STARTS NO HOT AIR. CONDENSER DRYER WORKING, CAN HEAR IT. ELEMENT CHECKED OK APPROX 28 OHMS.IS TEMPERATURE SENSOR PART OF ELEMENT MOUNTING FRONT PLATE?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
KevinWhiteJA :

, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it and have you tested the thermostat ?

Customer:

APPROX 7 YEARS OLD. THERMOSTAT WHERE? DRYING CYCLE HAS VARIABLE TEMP SELECTION RANGE . SO I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT IT WILL BE A TEMP DETECTOR

Customer:

THERE IS A SENSOR OF SOME DESCRIPTION BETWEEN THE ELEMENT TERMINALS?

KevinWhiteJA :

Full Size Image

KevinWhiteJA :

This is the thermsotat

Customer:

THERE ARE TWO THERMOSTATS LIKE ABOVE BUT THEY ARE LOCATED IN THE CONDESER PART OR THE MACHINE. THERE IS A MINIATURE COMPUTER LIKE EDGE CONNECTOR ON THE SENSOR I CAN SEE AT THE ELEMENT.

Customer:

PS DO YOU HAVE ACCESS TO A WIRING DIAGRAM

KevinWhiteJA :

not that connector...the thermostat or there may be two...located on top of the heater box

KevinWhiteJA :

The thermal fuse is usually a single wire clamped to the top

Customer:

yes there are two located at top of the box plse let me flash up my drwg of it

KevinWhiteJA :

ok disconnect the wires and test them circuit

Customer:

I am not at the house at present. I will test ltr. what is the purpose of the bottom element and sensor then.

KevinWhiteJA :

this is a washer dryer

Customer:

I was looking at the mechanical drwg and thought in the box the heater there was to induce condensate from the circulating air.

KevinWhiteJA :

which element were you checking the heater box at the top or the one located at the back ?

Customer:

OK GOT THAT I FORGOT ABOUT THE HEATING OF THE WATER

Customer:

THE BOTTOM. NOW I REALISE THAT I WAS IN THE WRONG PLACE PLEASE CONFIRM

Customer:

ARE YOU STIL THERE KEVIN

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, still please check the thermostat bottom...also take the top off and check the top of the tub

KevinWhiteJA :

there is the dryer heater box

KevinWhiteJA :

check this

KevinWhiteJA :

on the top of this heater box you will find the thermostat or thermsotats

KevinWhiteJA :

please check both to make sure they are fine

Customer:

I TESTED THE BOTTOM STAT/DETECTOR( CAN YOU CONFIRM IF THIS BOTTOM ON IS A DETECTOR OR JUST A STAT. I THINK IT MAY BE A SENSOR AS I WAS PICKING UP A HIGH RESISTANCE READING

KevinWhiteJA :

that might be the stat element

KevinWhiteJA :

I mean as you are checking the bottom element

Customer:

OK PS THIS ALSO MEANS THAT I CHECKED THE WRONG ELEMENT AND SHOULD NOW CHECK TOP ELEMENT IN BOX PLEASE CONFIRM

KevinWhiteJA :

but still it will be better to check the heater box at the top of the tub and make sure those have continuity

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes that is correct

Customer:

OK HOW DO I GET BACK TO YOU LATER I

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions – please use the REPLY link from your email.. assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service ....Thanks

Customer:

OK I WILL AS SOON AS I HAVE CARRIED OUT THOSE CHECKS. So far I am pleased to have found the website and response so far. I will rate later HENRY

KevinWhiteJA :

You're welcome Henry....Have a good day...

KevinWhiteJA :

Kevin

Customer:

CHEERS

KevinWhiteJA :

Cheers

Customer:

Kevin just home.This washer dryer has no thermostat like one shown,however it does have a thermistor and an in line fuse which is shown in sleeving. Anyhow top element blown and thermistor

KevinWhiteJA :

ok please replace that and problem will be solved

Customer:

continued. managed to obtain spares already fitted and tested. Thanks assistance. One observation is that with drug components are readily identifiable. Confusion between these components can be avoided.Anyhow ta me get rid off my rust.Henry

KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Worked on appliances for more than 15 years