Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

I want to fit an T6360B room stat to a Apollo 40B boiler can

I want to fit an T6360B room stat to a Apollo 40B boiler can you send me any details etc
many thanks Alan Lovell
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Plumberpro :

you will need a 3 core from the boiler to the room stat.

Plumberpro :

From boiler wiring centre. Take a 3 core. Wire in one wire into CH on , and one into neutral and one into live. Neutral and live into neutral in room stat and live into 1 of room stat .CH on ,into 3.

Customer:

thanks it sounds easy and i will try tomorrow and let you if i am successful

Plumberpro :

Ok , all the best , just turn all the power off first obviously. Sorry , have to say that not trying to be patronising

Plumberpro :

. by the way I am assuming that you don't have any other controls , ie programmer, motorised valves. Do you ?

Plumberpro :

If you do let me know as there may be a slightly different process.

Customer:

in the stat you say neutral and live into neutral in the stat and then you say live into stat how can I do that and what number on the stat is neutral and i have programmer and motorised valves regards

Plumberpro :

Ok . do you have them installation diagram stat?

Plumberpro :

Ok . neutral only into 2 on the stat .

Plumberpro :

As you have other controls . it will be slightly different .

Plumberpro :

In the wiring centre where the programmer and motorised valves go , the stat wiring goes to there.

Plumberpro :

Do you have two motorised valves?

Customer:

i don't have an installation diagram stat and there is two motorised valves

Plumberpro :

Ok . you will have a motorised valve that does the heating. The hot water one will be on pipework going into or from the hot water tank

Plumberpro :

, are you getting this , so far?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

yes

Plumberpro :

Ok . do you have a wiring box where the programmer and valves wiring go back to?

Customer:

yes

Plumberpro :

Ok . the heating wiring goes like this. Fused spur, to programmer. Heating on from programmer to heating valve, to boiler. But now you want to put the room stat between the heating valve and boiler.

Plumberpro :

If you google s plan the wiring will come up if you want to have a look . if you take the cover off the wiring centre and have a look at where the wires go to n

Plumberpro :

Ok , if you have Honeywell valves, the orange wire is the switched live that goes to the boiler to fire it up. This heating valve orange should be linked independently ( with a connector block or free space in the wiring centre) to a wire that goes to number 1( or common) in the stat. Take a neutral from wiring centre, this goes to 2 in stat. From stat 3 wire comes into the position that the orange wire was in .

Plumberpro :

This makes a circuit to and back from the room stat.

Plumberpro :

A 3 core will do the job.

Customer:

ok i think i have got it will try tomorrow many thanks

Plumberpro :

Your welcome . if you need more help let me know. I know it can seem confusing

Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced