Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have just moved into a fresh house in which has been installed

I have just moved into a fresh house in which has been installed a Neff dishwashwer :-
Model no. S5443X1GB/17 & FD 8008 380509. The previous occupier tells me that the dishwasher has never been used in 14 years. I have checked the supply both electricity and water but the machine does not operate when a programme is selected. I think that maybe the electrically assisted water valve which I assume is controlled by the m/c programme is not operating. Can you throw any light on the problem or suggest ways I can test why it is not functioning?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Tell me what happens when you start the appliance, can you hear any buzzing, whirring etc?

Customer: When the door is closed you hear a whirring noise but no gush of water as we have heared on our previous Neff dishwasher.
Dales-Electronic :

Is the inside cavity (where the pots go) empty of water? when open the door?

Customer: Yes there is no water in the m/c at all
Dales-Electronic :

OK put some water into the appliance and start the program minute or so and then tell me if it has emptied it out?

Dales-Electronic :

That is the wash cavity

Customer: The m/c operates when water is added to the wash cavity but has not emptied after 5mins operation.
Customer: M/c is currently on a quick wash cycle, and has heated the water & is continuing it's operating cycle.
Customer: The programme end light has appeared but the m/c has not pumped the ware
Customer: The m/c has not emptied on completion of the cycle
Dales-Electronic :

OK first things first you are going to have to get the appliance out of its housing and check a few things, give me a ping when you have it out ~ Ian

Customer: It's a built-in unit so that will be difficult
Dales-Electronic :

Im sorry but with these appliances you cant get at the components that you need to check from the front, you have to get the unit out and work from the sides and underneath

Customer: I'm afraid I have to pass on that one as I do not have the tools to do that!
Dales-Electronic :

OK Im sorry to hear that if it is of use I can recommend an engineer that can help if you give me your postcode ~ Ian

Customer: NP448UD
Dales-Electronic :

Two second and I'll be right back ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

Try this guy ~ Owain Milson on 01443 237775, he is able to repair dishwashers. I hope JA has been of help to you this evening. Would you now kindly rate our service to You using the smiley faces below. Thank you question, look forward to helping you next time ~ Ian

Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.