Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

How do I correct a fault which causes the electric ignition

How do I correct a fault which causes the electric ignition system on my Neff gas hob to continue sparking 30 minutes after the gas flame has been lit ?

Can you post the full model number please.
Also is it all the hobs that's sparking or just the one that's lit?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is all the hobs. I will now look . This may take some time.

Ok no worries. Once I know the model I can help you better. I think I know what the fault will be so if you cannot find the model yet don't worry. Just let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The model number is
E-Nr T2163N1EU / 02. FD 8104 / 0002
00.90.341.341
98 Type BSE - 10110
99 AT 510
Neff GmbH

Thanks .
If its carring on sparking when you use any of the burners then its going to be a faulty spark generator at fault here. As if it was just one burner that cause it to spark then it could be just that switch but if it happens on all the burners then its going to be the spark box at fault.
To replace this you need to remove all the burner caps and knobs and then remove the screws either side of the burners and then you should be able to remove the hob top and access the spark box from there and swap it over.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.