Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

there, I have an AEG L74580 WD washer dryer. The error

Customer Question

there,
I have an AEG L74580 WD washer dryer. The error code E10 came on yesterday, so this morning i removed the inlet hose and cleaned both ends of the filter, and replaced, along with cleaning the detergent draw (although not that dirty). I tried running an empty hot wash after re-connecting and turning back on the mains, and got the same error. Assuming it was not filling correctly I tried the programme twice more and then got the error EF0 (flood device on). The machine auto emptied itself over about 20 minutes and you could hear a great deal of water coming out, so I'm not convinced the original E10 error was correct. Any advice as to what I can do/check next please?
Thanks, Dan.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Dales-Electronic :

~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting to you queries

JACUSTOMER-oiwp2jxz- :

OK - the original E10 error indicates that the appliance is not filling with water.

Dales-Electronic :

OK can you give me the product code or pnc and I'll have a look at the specs model ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-oiwp2jxz- :

All I have is the model number: AEG L 75480WD

Dales-Electronic :

Be greatful pnc too, the Electrolux group which AEG is part of have a habit of putting more than one type of arrangement with the same model number or equally have three different models with the same arrangement. The pnc should be on the rating label within the door frame area ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-oiwp2jxz- :

Cheers!

JACUSTOMER-oiwp2jxz- :

Got it - Prod no: ********* 00. Type is FLI064HM2

Dales-Electronic :

O)K just pulling up the listings now

Dales-Electronic :

OK E10 is a generic error code made up of E11,12 or 13. as you say this can be problems filling due to low water pressure a faulty fill valve or wiring loom or control board and faulty Aquastop. EF0 indicates that you have water in the base of the machine which has been detected and the unit stopped before more damage is done. I need you to check in the base and see if you have a leak before we do anything further ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-oiwp2jxz- :

Ok - Is there a drip tray in the base to contain leaking water?

Dales-Electronic :

Hang on I'll try and pull up the parts list

Dales-Electronic :

Can you give me the product code again preceded by a # ***** computer has picked this up as a phone number and blanked it out. Your model has 13 different versions Ian

JACUSTOMER-oiwp2jxz- :

£914605605/00

Dales-Electronic :

Just loading up the parts listing

Dales-Electronic :

From what I can see their is a plate shaped indentation or inspection panel in the base which may have filled with water if so this is why you have the problem ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-oiwp2jxz- :

OK - I'll have a look now.

JACUSTOMER-oiwp2jxz- :

Great! I tipped the machine back through 45 degrees and some water came out - I have dried and switched the machine back on and that has cured the EFO error. So no error currently but I assume if I put another cycle on I will have the E10 again. Shall I try? Dan.

Dales-Electronic :

Yes that will be fine Dan but I would if you can get a view, keep looking with a torch to see if you can see where its leaking ~ once found sort the leak out and you should be good to go again ~ I will have to disappear to collect my daughter from hospital in about 30 mins but will be back on in about two hours ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-oiwp2jxz- :

Thanks Ian - I'll let you know how I get on in a couple of hours. Hope all is well with your daughter. Best, Dan.

JACUSTOMER-oiwp2jxz- :

Ian, So the EFO warning hasn't returned, but I've run a cycle 3 times, and each time after 10 mins the E10 error shows up. I can see no sign of a leak - I've tipped it back 45 degrees each time and nothing has run out. I haven't taken the back or sides off to look inside but I'm certain nothing is running out of the bottom tray. I think the spillage earlier that caused the EFO warning was due to me running the wash cycle 3 times this morning without running a spin/empty cycle in between, and over-filling the machine. Anything else I can check it's not an internal leak?

Dales-Electronic :

OK you need to check the fill time as the original fault is about the machine taking too long to fill not too long to drain, I would turn the water off at the wall take the hose off and put it in a bucket, then holding the hose in place switch the water on and see if you have a good supply, secondly check the filter in the back of the inlet valve and ensure it is not filled with scale or other debris ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-oiwp2jxz- :

That's done. I've just checked the pressure coming out of the hose into a bucket and it's strong. The inlet valve looks and feels clean too - no scale or debris. Dan.

Dales-Electronic :

Ok we are almost down to it being a board fault or something else, just put it on a rinse cycle and see if it will go through without the E10 code please

JACUSTOMER-oiwp2jxz- :

thanks

JACUSTOMER-oiwp2jxz- :

no that does not work either. got the E10 error message again.

Dales-Electronic :

I think we have come to the end of the diy testing, all the obvious areas have been checked and ruled out, you now have two options, get and engineer from AEG in or scrap the appliance ~ Ian