KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Rob, I wonder whether you can help me with a problem on

Rob, I wonder whether you can help me with a problem on a Neff dishwasher? Adrian
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
KevinWhiteJA :

Adrian, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Please elaborate the problem you have with your dishwasher

KevinWhiteJA :

also tell me its complete model number and age of this appliance

Customer:

Kevin - thanks online.

Customer:

The dishwasher is a Neff which is, I think, a

S51M53X1GB

Certainly the display panel looks similar. It's three years old and built in.

Customer:

Towards the end of a cycle it bleeped and gave an E15 error code with the tap symbol. The house water supply to the nearby sink is ok - the house was completely replumbed in 2011 too. The motor ran continually, so I turned it off at the mains, unpacked it, and made sure that the exit drain pump was free. I then put a few jugs of water in to fill the base and ran it again - all emptied ok.

Customer:

Any thoughts?

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, E 15 error dishwasher indicates that anti flood device in the base has been activated

KevinWhiteJA :

with the dishwasher unplugged...pull it out and then lay it on its back by around 45 degrees so that excess water comes off the base

KevinWhiteJA :

this should solve the problem...if the problem is still there, then take the cover below the door off...remove the insulation and clean everything

Customer:

It's fitted, so is there any way of tackling this without having to remove the appliance from the unit? I'm worried that I might get into a mess disturbing the framework ....

Customer:

(As you'll have guessed by now, I'm not the most "practical" person!!!)

KevinWhiteJA :

yes if you remove the kick plate off located below the door then you can access the base

Customer:

ok - I can get the wooden plinth away because it's just clipped on

Customer:

so that's the two screws on either end of the front to remove the metal cover?

KevinWhiteJA :

yes after this you will see a plate below the door

KevinWhiteJA :

remove that plate

KevinWhiteJA :

with the power off clean everything from there

Customer:

ok - struggling to find a head to fit the screws - they look like small hexs

KevinWhiteJA :

no problem... please let me know how it goes

Customer:

ok - done it. The washer has been set up on a 4 cm block, so the screws were set really high to access. Got the metal cover and insulation off now. What I am looking ?

Customer:

The is definitely damp, and I guess it shouldn't be ...

Customer:

The base is ...

Customer:

but it's not swimming

KevinWhiteJA :

yes please remove excess water from the base

KevinWhiteJA :

you can push a rag to soak up the water

Customer:

just sponge /cloths?

KevinWhiteJA :

yes you can use a sponge as well

KevinWhiteJA :

just make sure its dry in there

Customer:

I don't think there's anything left now other than that which will have to evaporate - there's no water lying in it as such, so far as I can tell

KevinWhiteJA :

ok please try the dishwasher again

Customer:

ok - warning light gone and when it set it to "rinse mode" I let it run couple of seconds whilst it made the usual start up noises.

Customer:

I guess the real question is where the water came from???

KevinWhiteJA :

sometimes it overfills slightly ... which spills over and causes these kind of issues

KevinWhiteJA :

this should not happen again

KevinWhiteJA :

if it does then you will have to check possible leaks

Customer:

ok - that's great thanks. I'll keep an eye on it and if it happens again I'll get someone out to it.

Customer:

Many thanks you help!

Customer:

Adrian

KevinWhiteJA :

You're welcome...you can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance :)

KevinWhiteJA :

Have a great weekend

Customer:

:)

KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Worked on appliances for more than 15 years