Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

cant tell you how much i appreciate this facility i

Customer Question

cant tell you how much i appreciate this facility
i have taken my over apart
i have a replacement main over thermostat which i know is the right one but it looks very different to the one it is replacing. the wiring doesnt correspond and i need help to not make a stupid mistake
the model is *********
part no 46THCI5/F5
the old therm has six terminals f G and H [this is a double terminal.
the other two have no mark
the new terminal has 6 terminals c[2] b[2] a and another un,marked but looks like an earth
help
Roger
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Ok can you let me have the Manufacturer, model and the part number of the original thermostat you will need to put a # ***** front of the number

Customer :

Hi Ian

Customer :

it is a Zanussi ZCE7700x

Customer :

product no ********* /p>

Customer :

serial no 01000025 and on the original thermostat it says 46TH6[or C]15/F5

Customer :

if you need it I can tell you the colours of the wires that attach to the current thermostat as I will need to be careful to put them in the right connectors on the new one, let me know if you need those.

Customer :

thanks

Customer :

roger

Dales-Electronic :

Could you let me have the product code again preceding it with a # ***** computer is blanking out the code thinking it is a telephone number

Customer :

#948522022

Customer :

product code

Dales-Electronic :

OK are you saying that the old thermostat/new thermostat are both Diamond H 46THC15/F5 or that that is the old one and you have been supplied a different switch and you need the wiring details for the new switch, if so what is the make of the new switch together with its details.

Customer :

that is the current faulty one

Customer :

the new one is is a different shape and size with different areas for the connectors it is not clear who made it is has ET5100/F5

Customer :

and 40/14 on it and is described as product code DST506008303006 by buy spares. I have called them back they have verified it is right part but the wiring description doesn't help me plug in to the right connectors

Customer :

can I call you?

Dales-Electronic :

Im just trying to get hold of the wiring diagram for the oven, once I have it we can go through it and see if we can make any sense of it all ~ Ian

Customer :

ahh thanks for letting me know i was getting worried.

Dales-Electronic :

Did you get a conversion sheet with the new thermostat?

Customer :

Customer :

I have tried attaching photos and a scan of the wiring document but have been unable within your current format. I also tried attaching them and sending them as a reply to the just answer website as I could attach it to this but it has just been returned. Any suggestions?

Dales-Electronic :

OK you can send them to dales.electronic(at)btopenworld.com ~ it may take me until Monday to get the conversion as Rangemaster is closed over the weekend ~ I do however need the model number from you ~ Ian