Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

help needed please I have a Samsung Cool N Cool fridge freezer

help needed please I have a Samsung Cool N Cool fridge freezer model RL33SBNS1 the freezer part works fine but the fridge isnt cooling, I have defrosted the freezer and had a hair dryer to all the vents I can see and still is not working, any advice greatly appreciated
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Have you removed the back panel inside the freezer to see if the evaporator is blocked with ice?
Also can you hear or see the fan inside the freezer running?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The left outter side of fridge part just to be really hot and it not now just warms slightly ... the fan im sure is the problem

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just removed the back panel fan is working fine

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok if the fan is working fine then do you see any ice on the evaporator or blocking the vents in the back wall behind the evaporator?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

there is an ice build up at the very bottom of the plastic panel i am melting that now im sorry as dont know what or where the evaporator is

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

all free of ice now... the grey rotating vent ive noticed only goes round about 3 times then stops unless i open fridge door then starts again is this normal... just no cold air going to the top of fridge

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok when you say you defrosted it have you turned it off 24 hours?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no i had food stuff in freezer and had to wait till i got a replacement today i defrosted it all with a hairdyer no ice at all now

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok if theres no ice at all in there then that's great.
So as the freezer is fully defrosted now turn it back on and leave it a few hours freezer to start to get cold and then see if the fridge is getting cold then.
As after the defrost it will take a few hours before you will feel the cold coming back again.
Let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok have done that will let you know ...thanks

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
No worries fingers crossed it will be good news.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nope still not cooling :-(

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Is the freezer working ok?
Can you hear the fan in the freezer running still?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the freezer is working fine yes can hear it running and see it working while i had the back off

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok if the freezer is fine and the fan is running then the problem must be with the damper inside the fridge not opening up to let the cold air in.
Empty the fridge section and remove the panel in there and from there you will see the damper. Check the wires on there are fine and try and open it up a little yourself and see if this makes a difference. If it does then it's looking like the damper is the fault here.
Check that out and see what you find and let me know.