Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

my daughter has an indesit washing machine, IWB71250. It is

my daughter has an indesit washing machine, IWB71250. It is two years old. It only works when it wants to. Some times all the lights come on normally, on the front of the machine, it starts a wash, then after a period of time, it just stops. All the lights are off. Even if you turn the supply off and on again, nothing happens. May be days later it may start again.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Stupid question but I just want to check you have tried the washer in a different plug socket?
If that's fine and you have already replaced the front control panel then its more then likely the main control board at the back at the bottom.
But first remove the top and at the back you will see the mains filter were the power cable goes to. Check that hasn't burnt out.
But if that's fine then im afraid its going to be the main control board at the back at the bottom. Ive replaced loads of them kind of fault were the power isn't coming on.
But these control boards are sold blank so they need to be progammed up with the Indesit software which to buy the board and software to program it up will be more then the washer is worth.
The cheaper opition is to get indesit in on there fixed price repair which is about £110 all in. This way its a lot cheaper then you buying the board your self and programming it up as they will use there laptop to do it.
Sorry its not looking like good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks reply, yes checked in another socket, and tested the filter and have a supply coming out of it. I have had the lower control board out to see if there are any loose connections, but it still doesn't work. It has a five year free parts agreement, but it costs £150 to get an engineer out. Its probably cheaper and easier to buy a new one. thanks help.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok if that's all ok then its going to be the control board.
As to the £150 who told you that? As the call out and labour with indesit is £110.
That sounds like they are trying to sell a policy to you months. If you don't want the policy then just insist on the repair that will be £110 if you wanted it doing.