Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

my belling oven keeps popping when I use it. it still cooks

my belling oven keeps popping when I use it. it still cooks ok and doesn't go out, its around 15 years old and the jets are on the bottom of the oven with a cover
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Can you post the model number please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

belling g709

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok so is this a gas oven?
If so does the flame in there seem to flicker?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no it doesn't. the flame actually cant be seen unless the floor of the oven is removed you can just see that it is alight from the front and the flames run along the middle of the oven floor not at the sides

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok on gas ovens when this happens it can be either a small gas leak in there so the gas comes out the main burner and it make leak out the side and ignites now and then this creating the popping noise.
Or lack of oxygen in the burner again causing the gas to keep reigniting and causing the popping noise.
To be honest you need to get a gas engineer in to check the oven out for any leaks on the burner. Now it may be only a small leak that's causing it but that all it takes of it do this.
But at 15 years old its weather its work fixing as its not going to be cheap to get someone in and given the price of new appliances. But that's up to yourself.
So if you can remove the floor of the oven just check theres nothing stuck in there around the burner but if that's all ok then you need to get checked out as you don't really wont to go messing with it yourself if you don know what you doing as its a case of checking the gas system in there.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok thanks

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
No worries your very welcome.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Do you need anymore info on this as the question is still open?
If not then if you could click the smile face to rate the answer that would be great.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Do you still need help on this as th question is still open?
If not then if you could rate the answer that would be great.