Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Bosch Exxcel dish washer which is not going through

Customer Question

I have a Bosch Exxcel dish washer which is not going through its cycle. When I inspected it I found now water comming from the top spray system but water coming from the lower system. Does this mean I have a blockage in the pipe or some other problem with the pump.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Can you let me have the full ENr which is lazer etched on the top edge of the stainless part of the door. On some models when placed into economy only the bottom spray are operates ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-1qofer3s- :

SGS57E02GB/47

Dales-Electronic :

OK next question, you say that it doesn't go through its cycle can you tell me what it is actually doing or not doing?

JACUSTOMER-1qofer3s- :

When started it does not move on through the cycle, e.g. the time is static. That's when I inspected the chamber by defeating the door catch.

Dales-Electronic :

OK well I need you to give me more information, can I assume that it fills with water?

JACUSTOMER-1qofer3s- :

No it is not filling, there is no water coming out of the top spray system.

Dales-Electronic :

OK when you switch it on does it just pump out or does it try to fill?

JACUSTOMER-1qofer3s- :

It is trying to fill as the lower spray system has some water coming out of the knozzles but not that much to make it fill I would have thought.

Dales-Electronic :

OK how handy are you with a screwdrive and do you have torx 20 ones?

JACUSTOMER-1qofer3s- :

I have plenty of tools and have had the RHS panel of to test the heater element which is ok. I am a time served electrical Technician but do not know the operational sequence or have any electrical circuit diagrams.

Dales-Electronic :

OK good you need to take off the left hand side panel looking at it from the front, at the rear you will see a large matrix that feeds the water into the wash cavity. When you can see this ping me back

JACUSTOMER-1qofer3s- :

Ok as it is late I will try do that tomorrow night and get back to you then. Is that ok

Dales-Electronic :

That's is fine I will be out working in the morning but will be back after lunch ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-1qofer3s- :

Hi Ian

Dales-Electronic :

OK I am here have you started yet?

JACUSTOMER-1qofer3s- :

Hi I have taken the side panel off and it looks as if some of the container areas is blocked with Greece. I took some photes but I cannot attached them to this mail system.

Dales-Electronic :

Send them to dales.electronic(at)btopenworld.com and I'll have a look at them ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-1qofer3s- :

OK I have sent them

Dales-Electronic :

Not arrived as yet will come back to you as soon as they do.

JACUSTOMER-1qofer3s- :

Thanks Ian

Dales-Electronic :

Still not here

JACUSTOMER-1qofer3s- :

Hi Ian

JACUSTOMER-1qofer3s- :

Hi Ian It has not been returned to me so I expect you will get it some time. However I have removed the plastic matrix which connects to the main water inlet and drainage pipes. I am soaking it in detergent overnight to see if it will shift the blockage which is at the top part of the unit. I will get back to you tomorrow with the results. Many thanks for your time.

Dales-Electronic :

No worries, there is a drain cleaner called 'muck buster' which we pour into the top left hand inlet which is very good, also check the corrugated hose that fits between the bottom of the sump and the matrix that is usually bunged up too, that's a take off push fit and flush thro with hot water ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-1qofer3s- :

Hi Ian - having checked this water distributer again this morning the last part of the blockage has not budged so I will purchase a new unit and hope that cures the problem.

Dales-Electronic :

OK it would pay you to check the switch assy at the bottom and change that to, it also gets blocked up and causes this problem both parts are not too expensive ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-1qofer3s- :

Hi Ian - I have fitted a new water distributer and tested the washer and although water is going through some parts of this new unit nothing is coming out of the top sprayers and only a bit through the bottom sprayers. This also only occured after actuating the float switch which you mention. Perhaps there is another blockage somewhere else?

Dales-Electronic :

OK did you change the switch I told you to get as well ? The only other thing that causes this is the short (about 7 inches) grey/cream corrugated pipe that comes from the sump of the wash cavity to the water inlet feed. You must check that that is clear too ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-1qofer3s- :

OK and thanks, ***** ***** get back to you later today with the results.

Dales-Electronic :

OK I'll be around

JACUSTOMER-1qofer3s- :

Hi Ian - I have checked the drain pipe from the sump and it is clear and the switch is working because I checked the propeller in the sump area. I managed to remove the metal and plastic covers to inspect this What seems to be lacking now is clean water coming into the system from the main pipe at the distributer.

Dales-Electronic :

This is the switch I was referring to ~~ http://www.bosch-home.co.uk/store/spareparts/Freestandingdishwasher/SGS57E02GB/47 part number 493409

Dales-Electronic :

Go to the spare parts listing that shows the side and you can find it listed

JACUSTOMER-1qofer3s- :

Hi Ian - the number 493409 shows a pressure chamber. The switch is part 165256 which I recognise which seemed to be ok when I pressed the red plastic actuator. Do I still need to replace this?

Dales-Electronic :

Yes the switch will work OK and yes you can press the actuator but it is the pressure chamber that causes the actuator and subsequently the switch to operate, no pressure chamber action not switch or fill action. We change these all the time because they are filled with either scale or debris. That's why I asked if you had replace it.

JACUSTOMER-1qofer3s- :

Ok I guess that is the next stage so will need to order one and replace.

Dales-Electronic :

.