George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

i have just bought an aquarius hotpoint washer dryer in

i have just bought an aquarius hotpoint washer dryer in November and i have been using it a month but suddenly wheni used it today i found the water not draining out of the cycle i put in to wash.The off/on switch is not working and its locked with a flashing of FO5 blinking at all times.Please help
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
George-Allsorts :

, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Can you tell me the model number please.. It will be on the Fascia panel, or on the label on the rear of the appliance

Customer:

George, my model number is *****

George-Allsorts :

F05 on this appliance means that the pump is blocked / jammed, or that the pressure switch is stuck

George-Allsorts :

Is the machine full of water?

Customer:

what do i need to do to unlock it,kindly tell me what to do next.Thanks

George-Allsorts :

Is the machine full of water?

Customer:

Yes their is water in the machine

George-Allsorts :

Are you strong enough to pull the washer from its housing to access the rear of the appliance?

Customer:

If this machine is faulty will Hotpoint replace it as they delivered it to me end october.

Customer:

No i am a lady and afraid dont have the strentgh to do it this is a mans job,Sir

George-Allsorts :

If the pump is blocked, then you'll need to unblock it.. if it is broken then Hotpoint should replace the pump.. They normally will not replace the whole appliance

George-Allsorts :

Do you have someone who can do that if I give instructions

Customer:

okay i am within the Guarantee period

George-Allsorts :

Do you have someone who can assist you if I give instructions?

Customer:

No i do not as my husband lives overseas

George-Allsorts :

Whould you then like me to get the Hotpoint telephone number to call?

Customer:

Yes kindly do

George-Allsorts :

, Parts advice or Protection Plan support

Call 0344-822-4224

George-Allsorts :

Can you see that number?

Customer:

but they do not come immediately

Customer:

they generally take 2 weeks

Customer:

to come#

George-Allsorts :

I can offer you further numbers who can assist you however, they will charge you service

Customer:

I am worried about the clothes in the machine

Customer:

how much will they charge me

George-Allsorts :

Or I can try assist you with instructions on how to get the appliance emptied and then opened

George-Allsorts :

The charge is dependant on the individual engineer... That is to discuss that with them

Customer:

Thank you but i cannot lift the machine

George-Allsorts :

The charge is dependent on the individual engineer... That is to discuss that with them... Would you like some local contacts?

Customer:

Kindly give me a reliable company as i dont want them to overcharge me

Customer:

Thank You

George-Allsorts :

Can you give me your postcode please

Customer:

GU1

Customer:

GU1 3NA

George-Allsorts :

One moment please... I shall look at the list to find the most local engineers to you

Customer:

Can anyways just direct me what to do just incase i can manage to drag the machine out a little

George-Allsorts :

SDR Appliance Care
Aldershot
Phone: 01252 312633
Mobile: 07801 727267

George-Allsorts :

If you can get to the drain hose at the rear of the appliance then lower it into a bucked close to the ground... the water will start to empty... once empty, you will be able to open the door to access the clothing...

Customer:

will the machine work after that or will i require an engineer to visit

George-Allsorts :

Then take off the front kick-panel.. Behind it is the filter... unscrew the filter and check that are blocking the pump from operating

George-Allsorts :

once cleared, if the pump then operates you can continue to use it... If the pump stioll does not work you'll need to call Hotpoint Service on the number I gave you

Customer:

okay ,Thank You ,so much.I feel its best to get someone who knows the job to deal with it.

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair