Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916
Appliance

I have a hotpoint fridge freezer FF200E, the lights at the

I have a hotpoint fridge... Show More

I have a hotpoint fridge freezer FF200E, the lights at the top are flashing continuously and the fridge is warm and not cold, can u tell me what is the problem please, the freezer is fine

Show Less
replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting to you queries

JACUSTOMER-mwn8tghp- :

all I can see in his email is the fact he is not on site constantly, there is no reference to the question I asked, i sent this question at 10:56 it is now 11:55

JACUSTOMER-mwn8tghp- :

ian, I`m stephen can u help me with my problem

Dales-Electronic :

OK off we go, firstly switch both tridge and freezer to off using the facia knobs. then disconnect the appliance and leave it off couple of minutes. Once this time has elapsed reconnect the electric and then one at a time switch the thermostats to about 3 or 4. Report back with the results ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-mwn8tghp- :

ok thanx will do

JACUSTOMER-mwn8tghp- :

ian I have done that, the green light is on and the others are off I have set them both to care on the fascia knobs

Dales-Electronic :

OK keep an eye on it, sometimes if there is a slight power cut the microprocessor thinks its got a fault and the indicators on the front start to flash. You have reset it now so any further faults, if you have any, will appear in a day or so. Would you now kindly rate my service using the smiley faces below, once this is done you can come back to me at any time later on a free of charge basis. Have a good afternoon ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-mwn8tghp- :

thanx very much ian

Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

ian its stephen, I asked u yesterday to help me with my hotpoint FF200E fridge freezer, its been 24 hours now and the fridge is not very cold, I have turned it on to max, how long does it take to reach its temperature please.

Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago.

It should have reached its temperature in about 6 hours, can you hear the fan in the freezer compartment and the motor (compressor) at the back running?

Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

I still have no fridge, I have had to empty it, and turned it off it makes all the usual noises, it was given me 3 weeks ago and worked fine, but the lights were flashing all that time, I`ve done as u said and the lights r no longer flashing but the fridge is still not cooling.

OK I need you to tell me if the internal fan is running you should be able to hear it and secondly if the motor at the back is going. When you were given the appliance were you told it was working or not? ~ Ian
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

I cannot hear anything it would work as soon as I turned it back I assume, as far as I knew it was in good working order, I downloaded a manual and realised the flashing lights meant there was a problem, this is why we are talking now

OK I would suggest that you have a power board fault, that is the big pcb at the back, these are notorious on this model and during its lifetime it has had many modifications to rectify the faults within this model. To be quite honest with You this is not a diy project, you would be better either getting an engineer out (and I can recommend one if you give me your postcode) or baring in mind its age cutting your loses and replacing the unit. I'm sorry to be so negative but refrigeration systems are difficult to repair if you don't have either the training and also the specialist tools needed to work on them. - Ian
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

OK IAN THANK YOU, ***** ***** GIVE ME ANY IDEA OF THE COST THIS COULD INCUR PLEASE

Depending on what the engineer finds it will likely cost you somewhere between 100~200 pounds depending upon whether you can get the pcb refurbished or not. Or if you approach Hotpoint they may be able to give you a fixed price repair including parts that may be more cost effective ~ Ian
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

ok thank you very much ian you have been most helpful.

You are most welcome sorry that the outcome wasn't what you wanted ~ Ian