George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My indesit free standing cooker has started tripping out the

Customer Question

My indesit free standing cooker has started tripping out the house circuit rcd when we switch the electric oven on. Is this a fault with the oven itself?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your query... Please allow time to answer any questions as I am not always available to answer straight away.

Please can you tell me the model of the cooker... the model will be on a label surrounding the edge of the oven

JACUSTOMER-34c7y57w- :

George, there is a label there but it is very hard to make out the information/letters on it. We believe there is a KP or KS but as the cooker is over 10 years old the label has worn. I have done a little research and it is identical in design/look to the KP9F11SKGS. Wonder if this helps?

George-Allsorts :

OK.. that is a gas cooker with an electric oven ... is that correct?

George-Allsorts :

Does the electricity cut out immediately that the oven is turned on or does it take a few minutes befor this happens?

JACUSTOMER-34c7y57w- :

- yes its an electric oven. The power trips off immediately the switch is turned to the oven setting on the main dial

JACUSTOMER-34c7y57w- :

The hob is gas

George-Allsorts :

Ok.. are you any good with electrics?

George-Allsorts :

In other words... If I instructed you and you had some simple tools and a multimeter, do you think you are able to do a few tests to identify the part that is at fault?

JACUSTOMER-34c7y57w- :

Unfortunately I don't have a multimeter myself

George-Allsorts :

What happens if you turn the on the grill?

JACUSTOMER-34c7y57w- :

George - the grill switches on fine as does the oven light. It is only when you move the selection switch to any of the oven options that it trips the house.

George-Allsorts :

In this case, it is likely to be the bottom oven element.. It could still be the outer ring of the top element but the more common failure is the base element

George-Allsorts :

The base element is this part Indesit 1200w base oven heater element

DISCOUNT
When you get to the Checkout page.. To the left of the 'Pay by Card' button there is a link to allow you to enter a discount code.. Click on it and enter the discount code __ id1975 __ to get a discount

George-Allsorts :

If you need me to talk you through changing it then please feel free to ask..

If you need a local engineer to call then please ask and I'll find one ...

-----------------------------
Can I ask you to take some time to assist me by clicking on the smiley faces that you can now see... This will help me as it rates my assistance with your problems

JACUSTOMER-34c7y57w- :

ok thank you George - if you know of a decent local engineer able to look into it then we would appreciate any suggestions,

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
OK Jason... Please supply your postcode
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We are at RG40 3LD

Enterprise Domestic Appliance Services
Tadley
Phone: 0118(###) ###-####
Mobile: 07831 593222

Apple Electrics
Reading
Phone: 0118(###) ###-####/p>