George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

We have a Neff Schott Ceran electric hob. 4 years old. No problem

We have a Neff Schott Ceran electric hob. 4 years old. No problem till now. One of the rings has just stopped working. Everything else is fine. Any suggestions?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Can you supply the ENR and FD of the hob please

Customer:

What is the ENR and FD? Where do I look to find them?

George-Allsorts : Hi, CEN R is an appliance model number that allows me to identify your particular appliance. you can find the ENR and the FD on the label underneath the appliance, or on the documents you received when you bought the appliance, or on the back of the manual was delivered with the appliance
George-Allsorts : Sorry, that should read ENR
Customer:

Apologies. I returned to this page but couldn't see your answer anywhere. All it said was "George-Allsorts has stepped out of this chat". So I decided you weren't able to help and rated the service as bad. Pursuing the matter with customer services I found another link which brought your reply up. So I withdraw my negative rating. I think I now have the appliance model number. It's a NEFF T12K10 Ceramic Hob 60 cms in Black

George-Allsorts :

Thank for returning with the information that I needed..

George-Allsorts :

Can you tell me which ring is giving you the problem?

Customer:

Yes, front right.

George-Allsorts :

OK.. Did the ring just go off or did you have any problems with it first?

George-Allsorts :

Also, when you say front right.. Is that the large one near to the knobs?

Customer:

The ring just stopped working. Before it was fine

George-Allsorts :

OK.. Thanks for that... When you say front right, is that the large one near to the knobs?

Customer:

Yes it's the medium/large one next to the knobs. There is a bigger ring back left.

George-Allsorts :

Thank you for confirming that for me..
This is commonplace, since these are the most often used.
The element will need replacing.. Below is a link to the replacement element

Neff Cooker Ceramic Hilight Hotplate

DISCOUNT
When you get to the Checkout page.. To the left of the 'Pay by Card' button there is a link to allow you to enter a discount code.. Click on it and enter the discount code __ id1975 __ to get a discount

George-Allsorts :

-

George-Allsorts :

Are you able to fit the element yourself, or would you require the services of and appliance engineer?

George-Allsorts :

---------------------------------------
If no further assistance is required, can I then ask you to take some time to assist me by clicking on the smiley faces that you can now see... This will help me as it rates my assistance with your problems

Customer:

Thanks George. I will need to get an electrician out to fit the new element, hopefully in the next 48 hours. Once that happens and he confirms your diagnosis I will rate your service as excellent. Don't worry, I will not forget to rate your services.

George-Allsorts :

I was asking so that if you need me to supply you with some engineer contact numbers I can do that for you... Just let me know your postcode if you wish me to do this

Customer:

Thanks George. That might be helpful. My post code is N44HP. So far any electrician I've contacted has wanted to charge over £100 + VAT which together with the part is getting close to the price of the hob itself. May be I'll have to accept that and make a difficult choice, but will try anyone you recommend first and see what they say.

George-Allsorts :

Here are some that I have on my list that cover your area:

FFR Services
Luton
Phone: 0844(###) ###-####br/>___________________________________

Ken Bowman & Son
North Finchley
Phone:(###) ###-####3003
___________________________________

Astrid Technologies LTD.
London
Phone:(###) ###-####8300
___________________________________

Repair Aid Plus Ltd
London
Phone: 02071836944
___________________________________

Repairs4u Ltd
London
Phone: 02082451511

Customer:

Thanks. I'll try these tomorrow morning.

George-Allsorts :

You're welcome

George-Allsorts :

did you manage to get assistance from any of the above or do you need a couple more contacts?

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Hi, I have just been notified that you have given a Bad Service Rating... Can I ask you for more information about this..

When rating, you are rating my assistance to you, nothing else, so you are rating me personally.

Are you still in need of further assistance?

Is there another reason you are not happy?