canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

We have two Beko A Class Frost Free upright freezers purchased

Customer Question

We have two Beko A Class Frost Free upright freezers purchased in Jan 2008, TZDA629FS, one of which is freezing up at the top of the cabinet.
Could you please advise what we can do to alleviate this problem ?
Val and Mike Goodchild.
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. Are there any items blocking the vent inside? Also is the door seal intact?

JACUSTOMER-c066tygy- :

No ,vent is clear and door seal intact.

Customer:

Has the door ever been left partially open by accident or have there been a large amount of items stored that may have blocked the vent?

Customer:

The problem may very well be that the door was not closed all the way or there may have been a blockage of the vent for a period of time. When either of these things happen the defrost cycle is not able to completely defrost the evaporator and eventually the evaporator builds more and more ice beyond what the defrost heater can melt off. This issue is easily repaired. The freezer would have to be emptied and unplugged and left with the door open for 24-48 hours or at the minimum access the evaporator behind the vent and melt the ice off of the evaporator with a hair dryer and also melt any ice buildup. If this does not solve the problem then there may be more serious troubles such as a faulty defrost timer which would require some voltage testing and possible replacement.

Customer:

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?