canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

, OUR MICROWAVE HB86P.70B HAS CAME UP WITH THE MESSAGE E14

Customer Question

HI,
OUR MICROWAVE HB86P.70B HAS CAME UP WITH THE MESSAGE E14 Locking error ????
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. If you run it does the fan come on? Also if you unplug it for 10 minutes and then plug it back in does it erase the error?

JACUSTOMER-qoyiy1fn- :

I cannot run it........... as none of the buttons work

Customer:

Did you try unplugging it then plugging it back in after ten minutes?

JACUSTOMER-qoyiy1fn- :

yes

Customer:

I am afraid that the main PCB is faulty and needing replacing. I am very sorry. Unless you replace it yourself it will be almost as much as replacing the microwave. This is so common with these modern appliances. Sometimes the board will be reset when it is unplugged but most often not. I was hopeful that would repair it but not optimistic.

JACUSTOMER-qoyiy1fn- :

oh

Customer:

Every once in a while the manufacturer will warranty even when the warranty period is over. Another long shot but it is possible. If you complain nicely enough they may....not likely but it is a last resort.

Customer:

It does not even matter the manufacturer when choosing a new one either. The boards all come from the same place. It is just a lottery which ones will last and which will not. That goes for pretty much any appliance or electronics.

Customer:

Miss the 20th century in that regard.

Customer:

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?