Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Dishwasher KDW60X10 Metal channel on left side of dishwasher

Customer Question

Dishwasher KDW60X10
Metal channel on left side of dishwasher which retains the door seal has worked loose resulting in door seal moving each time door opened.
Is there any way of fixing this channel securely to the side panel?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Yes if you ping me on here when next you are on I will explain how to do it, its abit fiddly but is do able ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-moz5l2yg- :

I'm on line now and would be pleased to hear from you

JACUSTOMER-moz5l2yg- :

Ian, it's clear you are not around at present, and I have guests. Please confirm time difference between you and me as I'm not sure where you are based.

JACUSTOMER-moz5l2yg- :

I will then try to contact you tomorrow. Look forward to speaking to you. John

Dales-Electronic :

John, Hi, I am based in the UK so same as yours ~ when you are free give me a bell, what you will need is an electric drill either mains or battery, a 1mm drill to drill stainless steel (think its called a cobalt tipped) and some stainless steel self tapping screw about 10mm long. Once you have these to hand give me a call ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-moz5l2yg- : Guests are still with me but will call you tomorrw when I have the kit you've suggested. Many thanks, John
Dales-Electronic :

OK speak to you tomorrow

JACUSTOMER-moz5l2yg- :

Hi Ian, when are you available today? John

Dales-Electronic :

I am here now for about 30 mins and then back again around 2-30 John

JACUSTOMER-moz5l2yg- :

O K if I just ask some questions of you and if we think it will take some time, we can break off until you return. Is that OK

Dales-Electronic :

OK lets start did you manage to get all the bits you need?

JACUSTOMER-moz5l2yg- :

Could only get 1/2 inch screws. Are they like to be OK

Dales-Electronic :

yep that is near enough, now this bit is tricky so it could be useful getting a friend partner to help. Pull out the rubber seal. You need to take a small nail or centrepunch and dent the lose frame in about three equally spaced points down the side that has come lose. Once this has been done, holding the frame in place drill directly through the frame and into the dishwasher body ~ this is the tricky bit, keeping the frame in place whilst you drill it through. Once this is done using waterproof adhesive stick the seal back into the frame that you have repaired.

Dales-Electronic :

Sorry missed the critical bit, once you have drilled the holes, screw in the stainless self tappers through both frame and dishwasher body, then adhesived in seal.

JACUSTOMER-moz5l2yg- :

Why don't I do these things and send update to be waiting for you upon your return

Dales-Electronic :

That will be fine, take your time and you will be OK, its just the keeping the frame in place without it slipping and then getting distorted that you have to watch out for. Speak to you later on ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-moz5l2yg- :

Thanks. John

Dales-Electronic :

.

JACUSTOMER-moz5l2yg- :

Hi Ian, ready to talk. John

Dales-Electronic :

OK how have you got on?

JACUSTOMER-moz5l2yg- :

Failed I'm afraid. Drill bits wouldn't cut through butter. Told they were suitable by Screwfix but clearly not up to the Cobolt standard. Have tried everywhere for the correct ones but so far have failed.

JACUSTOMER-moz5l2yg- :

Am very happy with your guidelines and am happy to 'fly solo' rather than waste any more of your time. Do you have any idea where I can get the right drill bit?

Dales-Electronic :

you will have to get a specialist tool place, if you get stuck come back on here and I will get you some, I can then send them to you and once you have given me a rating you can add the cost of the bits as a bonus save messing around with paperwork ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-moz5l2yg- :

Ian, I'm happy to give you a rating now as you have done all I have asked of you. Any shortcoming is mine own!

JACUSTOMER-moz5l2yg- :

By the way, did you ever work for a GDA company?

JACUSTOMER-moz5l2yg- :

I'm not sure how to proceed but feel it should be your call.

JACUSTOMER-moz5l2yg- :

If I took you up on your kind offer how exactly would we cover your costs?

Dales-Electronic :

When the repair is completed if you give me an excellent service you can then offer a further bonus. Let me get the bits for you and then we can work this out, leave the job open for the minute and I'll call you tomorrow ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-moz5l2yg- :

Thought I might have missed you and look forward to hearing your suggestions. John

Dales-Electronic :

Will pick up the bits for you tomorrow John and then get your address and post them across to You ~~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-moz5l2yg- : OK, Look forward to hearing from you, John
Dales-Electronic :

OK John talk to you tomorrow ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

OK John got the bits, 2 x cobalts and a handful of screws plus the postage £5 ~~ If you can now let me have an address I'll send them across to you ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-moz5l2yg- : Hi Ian, many thanks for this service above and beyond!!
JACUSTOMER-moz5l2yg- : Adress is as follows: 18 Abbey Close, Alcester, Warks. B49 5QW ans full name is*****
Dales-Electronic :

OK John, I'll get them sorted and off to you on Monday ~ always happy to help those that want to have a go, its those that cant see that at this point its time to call in an engineer before you kill yourself that the pain ~ Ian