George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

i have an aeg favorit sensorlogic dishwasher - the water doesn't

i have an aeg favorit sensorlogic dishwasher - the water doesn't seem to want to drain and leaves a pool in the bottom. its integrated under the kitchen surface - when we reset and put it on to use, it gets so far then the door opens and it stops the cycle? either that or the long intermitant beep sounds until we open the door?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Casn you supply the long PNC or Prod number from the label at the side of the door please

Customer:

george

Customer:

2 mins

Customer:

pnc ********* 01

George-Allsorts :

I can't see that.. Can you preceed it with a #

Customer:

model - favorit40010vi

George-Allsorts :

Can you re-type the PNC and put a # ***** before the numbers

Customer:

#911935627/01

George-Allsorts :

thanks ... Just a moment whilst I have a look at the schematics please

Customer:

okey dokey

George-Allsorts :

Smiles.. I thought it was only I that said that..

Customer:

hahah

George-Allsorts :

OK.. I have looked at the appliance design features

When you say there is a pool.. Can you describe the size of the pool please...

Customer:

just above the mesh that is lining above the outlet maybe a cm of depth above that.

George-Allsorts :

Have you looked to see if the filter is blocked?

Customer:

I've remove the filter and the grid and just put it onto spin clean it it seems to be going great guns now. thank you

George-Allsorts :

Also.. try pouring some hot water from a kettle down into the sump area whilst the appliance it trying to discharge the water

George-Allsorts :

I also suggest that you do a service wash on the appliance.. that is, put the appliance on the hottest possible wash with nothing in it except proprietory cleaner and let it complete the cycle

Customer:

will do. thank you very much.

George-Allsorts :

Can you assist me by choosing a rating assistance please.. You can do this by clicking on the smiley faces .. the more smiley faces equals that happier you are with the assistance..

regards