Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

how do I change the timer unit on a zanussi zkg5540 cooker

Customer Question

how do I change the timer unit on a zanussi zkg5540 cooker?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

What you need to do is open the top oven door and from there you will see a metal cover between the top oven and the hob. You need to remove that panel.
There will be a few screws holding that panel to the underside of the hob at the front.
Remove them and then you can wiggle that panel out from there.
Then try and lift the hob top up a little and you will see the timer clipped into the frame of the hob.
Pull the buttons out from the top and then you can release the tmer from the frame under the hob and swap it over from there.
If there isn't much room under there then you need to remove the pan stands and all the burners.
Then remove the screws either side of the burners and then remove the control knobs and then you can lift the hob top up further to get better access.
But you don't normally need to do that as removing that panel below the hob top usually gives enough room to access it from there.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Do you still need help on this as I see the question is still open?

If theres anything else you need just get back to me. If not then if you could rate the answer that would be great.