Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Zanussi ZWN 6120l stopped halfway through a cycle and now

My Zanussi ZWN 6120l stopped halfway through a cycle and now wont continue. What ever setting we put it on, the green light on start / pause flashes. The door is also unlocked so it can be opened.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Lets see what the error code is stored in there.
Set the washer going on a spin only and then press and hold the start button and the button to the left.
Keep them held in then the start light will flash.
You need to count the number of red flashes.
Then the number of green flashes and let me know.
Regardds
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

,

I did as asked, and it flashes red 6 times, then flashes green 6 times also.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok thanks . This is error code E66
E66 is a control board issue on this. Ive replaced loads of them in the past fault.
As its the heater relay that sticks on there and causes this fault.
But what you can check first if you can is the wires are on the heater ok and if you have a multi meter you need to test the heater and see if its ok and see if its down to earth.
But if that's all ok then im afraid this is going to be the control board at fault here and will need to be replaced.
Sorry its not looking like good news but this is looking like the control board is the issue here. Strange this as ive had quite a lot of these E66 error codes coming up recently. The washer isn't in a cold place like an outside shed or anything like that? If not then its looking like the control board. If it is just try and warm the washer up with heaters and see if it starts to work again.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.