George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My beko DCU8230 condenser dryer just over 12 months old has

My beko DCU8230 condenser dryer just over 12 months old has started tripping,any ideas please,thank you.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

George-Allsorts :

Can you tell me, have you had any prvious problems prior to this, or, has the dryer been moved recently?

Customer:

no problems before and has not been moved recently.

George-Allsorts :

Then please take out the condenser, reach right to the back of the condenser housing and tell me if there is any water there at the bottom

Customer:

no water at bottom

Customer:

no water iat bottom

George-Allsorts :

Can you then, unscrew the rear panel to access the heater area... I need to know if:

1. you find any fluff, scum, sediment withing the covered area...
2. you find that the heater elements are damaged in any way

If there is any scum etc. clean it off.. but don't go near the heater as they break easily.

I have to leave for a couple of hours but will return to your query on my return

Customer:

nothing inside covered area,elements look fine,there was a bit of water coming out the bottom left where the fan is and wet fluff trapped in the fan blade which i have cleared.

George-Allsorts :

OK.. that is as I thought... There is water getting to the heater via the condenser cavity and then flicking up onto the heater..

Firstly you need to clear any debris that is at the back of the condenser... There will be a little there...
Then you need to use a hair dryer on the actual element and get it as hot as you can for as long as you can

George-Allsorts :

Even though it does not look wet it will be leaking to earth through moisture

George-Allsorts :

Then place the back cover on again and try the dryer

Customer:

ok

George-Allsorts :

Let me know how you get on

Customer:

tried that still tripping as soon as you press on button.

George-Allsorts :

If you have water trickling from the area of the fan then this is part of the problem.. there should be no water there...

Once you have discarded all water from that area, and ensured the dryer is absolutely bone dry.. You should be on the way to recovery...

You mat need to remove the side panel to see where that water resides and to make sure it is not on the motor...

Once all this is checked and you are sure everything is absolutely dry then try the appliance again..

If it is still tripping then I can have a look at the diagrams from work tomorrow afternoon. But the water near the hearer and motor area is definitely the source of your problems

Customer:

ok try this thanks

Customer:

took side off when i tipped it up to get bottom screw out a little bit more water came out i dried everything i could and low and behold it didnt trip and came on ok working thanks very much for your help george .all the best peter