Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I am trying to replace the top plate heating elements on an

Customer Question

I am trying to replace the top plate heating elements on an Electrolux EKC5045X cooker but I can't raise the top hotplate high enough to remove the elements as the wiring loom to the front control knobs is taught and the top plate won't open any more than about 45 degrees. Is there a way of raising the plate fully without having to detach all the wiring from the control knobs, as there's not even enough room to take a photo of the connections to make sure they go back on the correct switch terminals.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Would you let me have the product code or pnc and I will have a look at the diagrams for you ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-4wdwg63m- :

Electrolux EKC5045X

JACUSTOMER-4wdwg63m- :

P.N.C. ********* /p>

Dales-Electronic :

Sorry but that is the model number I need the product code or pnc which is on the rating label, there are three different versions of this model ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

Can you put a # ***** front of the number the computer thinks you are trying to send me your telephone number

JACUSTOMER-4wdwg63m- :

#948514056

Dales-Electronic :

OK Im just trying to get hold of the service manual to talk you through removing the top, keep popping in and when I get it we'll take it a step further ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-4wdwg63m- :

OK, Cheers.

Dales-Electronic :

.