Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Sir ,I HAVE JUST BOUGHT RDXV60 DVD AND VIDEO RECORDER AND

Customer Question

Sir ,I HAVE JUST BOUGHT RDXV60 DVD AND VIDEO RECORDER AND KNOW WHERE IN THE HANDBOOK CAN I SEE HOW TO RECORD OLD VHS TAPES TO DVD.
I BOUGHT THIS UNIT THINKING YOU COULD PUT AN OLD VHS TAPE AND A NEW DVD DISC INTO THE MACHINE AND PRESS A RECORD BUTTON ON THE DVD SECTION OF THE PLAYER AND IT WILL BE TRANSFERED.!!!!
I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE DETAILS ON HOW I can achive this operation ????
my email address is *****@******.***
kind regards mr ***** *****
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Good morning Keith, I am Tech Michael, I am sorry to hear that.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and I want to guide you the best way possible to save you money and time;-)
Please remember these are technical issues and may require some back and forth conversation to sort this out.
Have you tried yet to record at all on the DVD part of the system?
From a different source?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael, I have just taken the recorder out of its box and read the information book.which might are I say is a difficult read.

I myself are 71 years old and a ex electronic engineer and belive me I have seen some badly written hand books in 50 years ,this one comes close to not being user friendly.

I belive I must play the vhs tape via a hdmi cable to the tv input and connect scart cable from the tv to the dvd input and record the tv,s o/p

kind regards k.james

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Yes thats the way you likely need to hook it up for this to work. But yours may have a setting in the menu for doing this internally although even I don't see it lol. The manual is terrible .
But yes you can hook it up as you mentioned to make it easy to record from your VCR to the DVD portion of the unit.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day.
Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I checked into this for you and yes that is the only way to do it, hooking it up externally as there are jacks available there for you;-)
I will be here if you need me further. Please rate my service at this time, no additional cost to rate.
Have a great day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HI Michael, ***** ***** here.

its no good nothing works ,I have visited a few web sites on the RDXV60KB and its all the same questions , How do I record a dvd.!!!

Please can you talk to"TOSHIBA" and get the correct information on how to record a DVD from the VCR ,THERE HAND BOOK does not help.!!!!

all new users of the RDXV60KB all these people have the same

request, just how can we set up the player /recorder to save our VCR 's to DVD

Is there a design fault ??? as this machine Is not fit for purpose

kind regards ***** *****

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Keith, yes I will talk to Toshiba as I see also many other users upset with the direction not being clear. I will be back with you as soon as I hear from them. Thank you for your patience.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael, Thank for you effort and I shall have to buy a hdmi/scart

adaptor, and treat this machine as 2 separate machines, ie the VCR AND DVD players and recorder.

could TOSHIBA ,PUT AN UP DATE INTO THERE INSTRUCTIONS ???

Once again thank you

regards Keith James

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Kieth, I know they really need to do something with their instructions. Its rare that they are written so poorly but this is one they probably never checked out, I don't know how that could be but I guess anything can happen huh?
I wish you all the best Keith, and have a great day.
Tech Michael